Effective Field Parameters (EFP) Conclusions
- The results indicate that only a combined modelling strategy considering deterministic and stochastic distribution of effective parameters will allow to perform large-scale predictive modelling
- Such an approach prerequisites the development of a corresponding numerical code
- The up-scaling of the effective parameter set which was evaluated from the small and intermediate scale (e.g. spatial variance and correlation length of permeability and bulk porosity) remains uncertain
- To overcome this lack more large scale hydrogeological investigations are necessary
- Non linear sorption and desorption kinetics combined with chemical reaction characterise the near field of a source, whereas, in the far field the matrix diffusion and the KD concept will ensure a sufficient prediction capability.
Effective Field Parameters (EFP)